Posted on 21 June, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Uncategorized
There have been more announcements since our last post in April! Not only do we have Woolworths, Kmart, Showbiz Cinema, Direct Chemist Outlet, Medical Centre, Noodlebox, Dentist, Burger Bar at the Delacombe Town Centre. But there is also going to be a Chill Espresso Lounge, Justcuts, Smart Dollar and The Butcher Club at the DTC, all just a 4 minute drive from Ploughmans.
Posted on 20 June, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Uncategorized
For the month of July Ballarat is coming alive with all things Winter!
Winter Wonderlights at Sovereign Hill, the Pop Up Ice Skating Rink in the Heart of Ballarat’s CBD, The Ballarat Potato Festival, Ballarat Brew Festival, Winterfest Market at the Delacombe Stadium, the Giant Slide + Snow Globe + Frozen Forest. There is so much more, whether it’s school holiday fun or a romantic rendezvous that you’re seeking, there’s a day out to enthral everyone. For more details click this link ballaratwinterfestival.com.au
Posted on 17 June, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Uncategorized
The Ballarat Railway Station, just a 12 minute drive away is about to be transformed with a $25 Million investment from the Victorian Government, we think this is Fantastic! Stage 1 construction is expected to begin as soon as July/August 2017 with a new two-level commuter car park and a portion of the access road. These works are expected to be completed in late 2017.
And Stage 2 works are expected to begin in early 2018 involving the remediation and refurbishment of the Goods Shed, construction of the hotel and delivery of the public plaza and remaining transport improvements.
Posted on 2 June, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Ballarat
Walking distance from Ploughmans Arms, the Bonshaw Early Learning Centre will be opening in early 2018! Applications for four-year-old kindergarten in 2018 close Friday 30 June. How do you enrol at a Kinder that isn’t built yet?
Posted on 3 May, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Ballarat
We touched on the exciting news back in March, the Victorian Government has announced that it intends to increase the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) from $10,000 to $20,000 for new homes built in regional Victoria, and yes this includes Ballarat for new homes valued up to $750,000. So what else do you need to know? The dates! The date you sign your contract to buy or build your new home is the key date. Settlement date is irrelevant.
The $20,000 FHOG will be applicable to: – Contracts entered into from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2020 for the purchase of a new home in a regional area,
– Comprehensive home building contracts entered into from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2020 by the owner of land wholly in regional Victoria, or a person who on completion of the contract will be the owner of land wholly in regional Victoria, to have a home built on the land, and
– The building of a home wholly in regional Victoria if the building work commences between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2020 inclusive
If you are entitled to the FHOG but sign a contract for a first home in regional Victoria before 1 July 2017, you will not be eligible for the $20,000 payment. This is even if you settle on or after 1 July 2017. However, you will still be eligible for the $10,000 FHOG.
Posted on 21 April, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Ballarat
The beautiful Lake Wendouree is under 10 minutes from Ploughmans. Lake Wendouree offers something very special to our wonderful Ballarat, it has a scenic 6km circuit for walking, running, & cycling. And is perfect for many other activities like rowing, fishing, sailing, bbqs & picnics, enjoying wildlife, gardens, festivals, playgrounds and so much more.
Just a 4 minute drive from Ploughmans Arms Estate, the $60 million Delacombe Town Centre is now due to open late August 2017. The shopping centre will include Woolworths, Kmart & 35 small retailers as well as a 500-seat, six-screen Showbiz cinema, Direct Chemist Outlet will feature at the site and will run the facility’s medical centre. The most recent news of other tenants: Noodlebox franchise, discount store, dentist and Broo Beer will open a burger bar in November.
Posted on 7 April, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Uncategorized
The plans are finalised for the Bonshaw Early Learning Centre and will be constructed in January 2018 for the start of the new kindergarten year. Providing the existing kindergarten community with a brand new, integrated early years facility with room to expand as the Bonshaw community grows. Bringing two kindergarten rooms, two maternal child and health consulting rooms and a room for playgroups/general community use. All under one roof!! This all has a huge $1.6 million contritbution from the Victorian Government Children’s Facilities Capital Program delivered by City of Ballarat.
Go to our RESOURCES page for more information.
Posted on 8 March, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Ballarat
Looking for land and want to build your dream home in Ballarat? Here a a few points about Ploughmans that are worth knowing.
• Both Dairymans & Jersey Stages are constructed, titled & ready to build your dream home today!
• Modern masterplanned community created to be cohesive, attractive and become an extension of your home
• Surrounded by over 57 Acres of Parkland reserves including the Local Playground, Lineal Creek & large Recreational Park
• Opposite proposed Local Activity Centre (Neighbourhood Shopping), Primary School and the Bonshaw Early Learning Hub (due to be completed Jan 2018) – www.schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au/Bonshaw-Early-Learning-Centre
• Ballarat’s Newest Shopping Precinct, the Delacombe Town Centre will be just 4 minutes away (Due to open in Sept 2017 – www.delacombetowncentre.com.au
• Convenience of the Ballarat City Centre under 10 minutes away – www.visitballarat.com.au
• Selection of lot sizes from an efficient 300m2 to a generous 799m2 • First Home Buyers Grant set to double for buyers building new homes in Regional Victoria – See www.premier.vic.gov.au/first-home-owner-grant-to-double-in-regional-victoria/
• Trusted Local Developer
To see our wonderful range of lots please go to our LAND FINDER
Posted on 3 March, 2017by Ploughmans Arms Estate in Ballarat
GREAT NEWS FOR FIRST HOME BUYERS IN BALLARAT! First home buyers building new homes in Regional Victoria will be entitled to $20,000 as of July 1 this year, up from $10,000 for new homes valued up to $750,000. The grant will be applicable to contracts signed from 1 July 2017. Treasurer Tim Pallas said he expected the new grant would increase buyer interest in regional cities like Ballarat and promote decentralisation by drawing young people out of the state’s congested capital.
Please find more on our RESOURCES page.